Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Grief

Scripture: Luke 22:39-46   
Focus Verse: Luke 22:46   
Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you may not come into the time of trial.

Commentary:  Luke’s Jesus is a man and a teacher of prayer, one with a disciplined prayer life. It is no wonder he enters this garden to be with God right before he begins the most painful journey in his short life.  He needs his companions to be with him, to stay awake and to pray.  He was also looking out for them. The trial will come, and he wanted them ready.  But as many of us know, grief has a way with you. 

Reflection:  How does grief affect you?  Can you understand the disciple’s inability to stay awake? 

ACTS Prayer
Adoration: Great Comforter of the Soul, you still my heart!
Confession: I’m sorry my prayer life is not as disciplined as I wish it were, that you often wonder where I am.
Thanksgiving: Thank you, Spirit, for praying in me with inexpressible sighs when I can’t find the words.
Supplication: I pray for people who desire to pray but cannot find the time or the strength to seek new ways to pray, ways that suit them.  Send your Spirit!

ACTS of Faith:  Learn a new prayer form and commit to praying that way for 3 weeks (time to form a habit)

No comments:

Post a Comment