Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Fragrant Perfume

Scripture: John 12:1-11
Focus Verse: John 12:7   
Leave her alone. She bought it so that she might keep it for the day of my burial.

Commentary: I have always found this to be a compelling encounter.  I am not the only one.  It appears, with differing details, in all 4 gospels.  It is commonly believed that, although there were just 12 disciples, Jesus had many followers around the outer edges of his ministry, listening and learning.  Many of them were women, Mary of Bethany the most prominent for having sat at his feet while her sister worked.  She heard him, and she tended to him with grace and sensitivity.  Its too bad she wasn’t met with the same.

Reflection:  Has your kindness ever been met with contempt?  Was there a reason you could discern?

ACTS Prayer
Adoration:  O God, Fragrant Blessing, you pour out your Spirit upon the earth and we see beauty around us!
Confession: I admit that I don’t always listen and am frequently insensitive to the needs of others.
Thanksgiving:  Thank you for allowing me to listen to you as I listen to the needs of others, for moving me to action.
Supplication: I pray for those who don’t choose to listen.

ACTS of Faith:  Listen more than you talk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment