Thursday, April 9, 2020

Forsaken

Scripture: Psalm 22   
Focus Verse: Psalm 22:1
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Commentary: Psalm 22 is a prayer of complaint that Jesus knew in his heart.  He embodied it and cried the words from memory. Because of its profound expressions of suffering and faith, it comforted him in his distress and expressed hope in the end. Though the original setting of Psalm 22 had nothing to do with the passion of Jesus, a Messianic reading is a natural result of the psalm's extensive expression of suffering and its far-reaching declaration of hope. The psalm expands the Old Testament understanding of God, human life, and death

Reflection:  Have you ever felt forsaken?  How did that feel to you?  How would praying with this psalm help you?

ACTS Prayer
Adoration:  Mysterious One, I dwell in your Presence!
Confession:  Sometimes I feel forsaken by you in my pain.
Thanksgiving:  Thank you for giving me hope in my distress.
Supplication:  I pray for all who have drifted away from you
ACTS of Faith:  Share your forever hope in the Risen Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment