Friday, March 6, 2020

Wealth

Scripture: Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Matthew 6:24
Focus Verse: Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters … You cannot serve God and wealth.       

Commentary:  Jesus talks about money and wealth a lot.  In the gospels, around 288 verses deal directly with the subject of money. Does that surprise you?  Jesus bluntly tells us that wealth will be your master if God is not. This is a very difficult saying especially if we are influenced by the cultural belief that wealth is an indication of God’s approval. 

Reflection:  How does money/wealth compete with God in your life?  How has fear of not having enough money to live kept you from generosity toward others?   

ACTS Prayer
Adoration: Divine Provider, your generosity claims my heart as it fills me with wonder with each breath I breathe
Confession: I’m sorry my actions don’t match my heart.
Thanksgiving: Thank you for teaching me how hard it is to live a life of faith if I put my finances before your purposes.
Supplication:  I pray for those who live in poverty.

ACTS of Faith:  Take a look at your finances, determine your priorities, and give a small donation to honor God.

No comments:

Post a Comment