Monday, March 9, 2020

Passover

Scripture: Exodus 12:1-14, Luke 22:15       
Focus Verse: Exodus 12:14   

This day shall be a day of remembrance for you. You shall celebrate it as a festival to the LORD; throughout your generations you shall observe it as a perpetual ordinance.

Commentary:  No meal is more important in the story of Jesus than this Passover, this day of remembrance which celebrates the liberation of the Israelites from captivity in Egypt.  At this “last supper” Jesus makes a connection for the disciples as he re-invents this testimony about what God did in the past and gives us hope for deliverance to come.

Reflection:  What do you know about the Passover?  How do you see the connection between the liberation of the Israelites and the freedom we experience in Christ?

ACTS Prayer
Adoration: O God, our Great Deliverer, You lead with strength and grace while setting your people free!
Confession: I’m not always sure I want to be free if it costs me more than I am willing to give. I thrive on complacency.
Thanksgiving: Thank you for shaking me out of it!
Supplication: I pray for your people to wake up and live!
ACTS of Faith:  Read and learn about Passover.

No comments:

Post a Comment