Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Kiss

Scripture: Mark 14:43-46   
Focus Verse: Mark 14:45b
So when he came, Judas went up to Jesus at once and said, ‘Rabbi!’ and kissed him.   

Commentary: Is there any more heartbreaking act than to betray someone who loves you with a kiss?  And yet, it happens. Judas kisses Jesus. Jesus is arrested and the drama increases to a feverish pitch in the story. 

Reflection:  Have you ever betrayed anyone?  What were you thinking?  Have you ever been betrayed by someone you loved and who you thought loved you?  How did that make you feel?  What did you do?  How do you think Jesus felt in this dramatic moment of betrayal?  

ACTS Prayer
Adoration:  Jesus, Lord of Calm, your tranquility in this moment amazes me and brings tears to my eyes.
Confession: I fear my anger would have boiled over. Help me see how to react with the non-violence you embody.
Thanksgiving: Thank you for showing me a better way, non-violent way. Help me also to know when to speak up.
Supplication:  I pray for the betrayed and the betrayer.

ACTS of Faith:  Kiss someone you love and make a vow to yourself never to betray them.

No comments:

Post a Comment