Saturday, March 27, 2021

Psalm 23: My Life

Focus Verse: Psalm 23:6

Scripture translated by Dynamic Equivalence: Psalm 23 Common English Bible
Dynamic equivalence (thought for thought)           

Yes, goodness and faithful love
    will pursue me all the days of my life,
    and I will live in the LORD’s house as long as I live.
(CEB) 

Scripture Paraphrase: Psalm 23 A Personal Paraphrase by Pastor Cindy.  Paraphrase = the author's interpretation using imagination and literary skill, in plain or modern language

1    God you are the tender of my soul, I have everything I truly need. 

2    You walk with me and invite me to lay down in the green green grass.  

3    You walk with me beside the cool calm streams of living water.  You refresh me as I breathe all the way to my toes … 

4    You walk with me even as the darkness stalks me in the depths of despair.  And yet I have no fear with you by my side. Your Being envelops my being, and I am wrapped in your peace.  

5    You sustain me with a feast as those who do not see my value look upon our togetherness.  You pour healing oil upon the wounds of my soul and the hands that serve others with your love. I am so filled with love that it flows out of me into the world. 

6    My God, all of your blessings are mine as we walk together.  I am eternally bound with you and will dwell in Your Presence, always and forever.  (CS)


Reflection:  What does it mean to  you, to be pursued by God's love?  What are the blessings you receive as God walks with you?  What does it mean for you to live and dwell with God?   How has your 1) journey of dwelling deeply with Psalm 23 and 2) writing your own words to God, guided by the beauty of this psalm ... helped you draw closer to God?

If you were to express this verse in your own words to someone, what would you say?  
Your Paraphrase of Verse 6:  

If you've been following and writing a personal verse using words that mean something to you every day, now you have your own paraphrase of Psalm 23!  I'd love to hear from you, share your paraphrase with me via the comments, use the contact form or email me.      

If music is a spiritual pathway for you, listen to Dwell Among Us by Salt of the Sound

Breath Prayer for the Day:
Breathing in … Good and Faithful God
Breathing out … Dwell Among Us

No comments:

Post a Comment