Sunday, March 21, 2021

Psalm 130: Waiting for God

Psalm 130 (NRSV)
A Song of Ascents

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my supplications!

If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities,
Lord, who could stand?
But there is forgiveness with you,
so that you may be revered.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than those who watch for the morning,
more than those who watch for the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is great power to redeem.
It is he who will redeem Israel
from all its iniquities.

If music is a spiritual pathway for you, listen to Morning has Broken by performed by Orla Fallon. Originally composed by author Eleanor Farjeon.

Join us for Live-Stream Worship today at 11:00 am and anytime on demand @ hckaty.org

Breath Prayer for the Day:
Breathing in … God of Steadfast Love
Breathing out … My Soul Waits for You

No comments:

Post a Comment