Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lifted Up

Scripture: Numbers 21:4-9 and John 3:14-16
Focus Verse: John 3:14-15   
And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Commentary:  When the former slaves, recently escaped from Egypt, blamed God for their circumstances, people started dying.  God created a way for them to be saved by a snake on a pole, weird right?  John takes this episode in Jewish history, relates it to Jesus on the Cross and takes it even further.  If you believe, you will have not just life on earth, but life eternal.   Just keep your eyes on Jesus!

Reflection:  What does eternal life mean to you?  How do you look beyond your circumstances to the cross?

ACTS Prayer
Adoration:  O God, Sacred Holy One, I raise my eyes to you!
Confession: I confess that sometimes the things going on in my life obscure my view of you and I struggle.  Help me.
Thanksgiving: Thank you for sending your Spirit to help me turn my eyes upon Jesus and keep them there. 
Supplication: I pray for the world to know they are eligible for eternal life, all they have to do is ask … and follow.

ACTS of Faith:  Listen Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus sung by Lauren Daigle

No comments:

Post a Comment