Saturday, February 29, 2020

Anointing

Scripture: Mark 14:3-9       
Focus Verse: Mark 14:3b         
A woman came with an alabaster jar of very costly oil of nard, and she broke open the jar and poured the oil on his head.

Commentary:  When the woman anointed Jesus with healing oil, it was a very intimate and powerful act of self-giving love, poured out upon a man reconciling himself to death.  It is often hard for us to receive love, especially if we are used to giving, giving, giving and giving more!  Jesus received this gift of love humbly and graciously. 

Reflection:  How have loving acts of faith that you received from other people helped you heal in a difficult time?

ACTS Prayer
Adoration:  Binder of Wounds, I sing in amazement of you!
Confession: I confess that I don’t always see the people around me who struggle, and when I do, I sometimes look away because I don’t want to feel sadness inside myself.
Thanksgiving:  Thank you for always being there for me, waiting for me to notice that you are working for my good, making me whole from the inside outward!
Supplication: I pray for people who are struggling, help them to feel your balm of healing upon their wounded soul.

ACTS of Faith:  Reach out to someone who is going through a difficult time and listen to their story.  Say, “I’m here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment