Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Beginning Again

Drive-Thru Ashes & Prayer 6:30-9:30 am
Ash Wednesday Worship at 6:30 pm
HOLY COVENANT UMC

Scripture:  Joel 2:1-2, 12-17   
Focus Verse: Joel 2:13a
Rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the LORD, your God, for God is merciful...
  
Commentary: Our Lenten journey begins today, with ashes.  This is a day to remember our mortality, to repent (re-turn to God) and to re-set the direction of our lives.  During Lent, God calls us to come home to ourselves. When we remember who we truly are, we let God be God. We begin again with God as the center of our lives.

Reflection:  How is God at the center of your life, or not?

ACTS Prayer:
Adoration:  God of the Dust, I exalt you!
Confession: Forgive me when I don’t put you at the center.
Thanksgiving:  Thank you for helping me begin again.
Supplication: I pray for those who long for a fresh start. 

ACTS of Faith:  Go somewhere to receive ashes today OR make the sign of the cross on your own forehead while saying, “I am dust and to dust I will return.”

No comments:

Post a Comment